From Tulsa there are two routes to Pawhuska:
The first route is 71 miles from Tulsa (approx. 1hr and 20 mins) and goes through Bartlesville, where the Pioneer Woman was born and raised:
- Take US-75 N toward Bartlesville for approx. 38 miles
- Take a slight right onto US-60 W toward Pawhuska/Ponca City for 3.9 miles
- Turn right onto Western for 0.2 miles
- Turn left onto SW Frank Phillips Blvd. (US-60) for 23 miles
- Keep right on E. Main St and your destination (The PW Mercantile) will be on your right side in 1.3 miles.
The second 56 mile route (approx. 1 hour) is through several very small, quintessential Oklahoma towns and is the way most Pawhuskans drive back and forth to the “big city” for errands or a fancy meal.
- Drive north on US-75 toward Bartlesville approx. 14 miles
- Take the OK-20 exit toward Collinsville/Skiatook
- Turn left onto OK-20 W/E 146th St N (signs for Skiatook) for 4.1 miles
- Turn right onto OK-11 W/N Cincinnati Ave for 20 miles
- In Barnsdall turn left onto W Main St. for 0.2 miles
- At end of road, turn right onto OK-11 W/8th St and Continue to follow OK-11 W for 9.4 more miles
- At T turn right (north) for 5 .3 miles
- Finally turn left onto E. Main St (Hwy 60) your destination (The PW Mercantile) will be on your right in 1.3 miles.
The nearest main airport with service for American, Delta, Southwest, United, and Allegiant airlines is Tulsa International Airport (TUL) located in north Tulsa 56 miles (approx. 1 hour) southeast of Pawhuska. Travelers may rent transportation from most major car rental companies including Avis, Dollar, Hertz, Enterprise, National, Budget, Alamo, and Thrifty.
The Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport in Kansas also services several major airlines (Alaska, Allegiant, American, Delta, and Southwest) and is 137 miles (approx. 2 and 1/2 hours) northwest of Pawhuska. It, too, offers the same car rental companies as the Tulsa airport for your transportation needs.
Gosh, a train service to Pawhuska would be SO fun....but alas, it is not to be, so on to automobiles we go!